From today, India Railway is going to apply Flexi Pricing Scheme (As I understand it is Surge Pricing Scheme actually.) in premium trains like Rajdhani, Dooranto and Shatabdi. As usual Indian Public and Opposition leaders are shouting, crying here and there. But they don't understand its a very visionary scheme that will provide long-term advantage. Believe me. If not, look at following benefits, you will understand:
- Railway want you should not travel more. Its not healthy.
- 15 day leaves that you take to go your home town once in a year will be saved if you don't travel.
- When you don't take leave, will remain in office. This will also enhance your productivity.
- If you don't travel, your expenses will curtail and you will ultimately save money.
- The money you save, you will either invest somewhere or spend in the market. This is beneficial to all sectors.
- When there will be less people in trains or no people at all, maintenance expenses of railway will come down. This will also ensure safety and long-life for railway infrastructure.
- IRCTC will have less traffic, hence its service will be more better and smoother.
- This will also help aviation sector as more people will try to book flights.
- Whatever be remaining seats in a train will come under current booking and will be auctioned by Railways. More auction, more will be benefit to Railway.